Interstate removalists tips to make your move stress freeJuly 23, 2012
Moving interstate can be an overwhelming prospect. This is easily remedied by hiring professional interstate removalists who will transport your goods safely and on time. Then follow our checklist to make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible.
We’ve put together some moving tips below which will help you on your new venture. Tick them off as you complete a task:
Don’t forget to:
- change your home insurance
- arrange gas and electricity final readings
- arrange telephone disconnection
- collect school and medical records
- finalise outstanding accounts
- start to use up frozen foods
- cancel the bread, milk and papers
- collect items from dry cleaner
- return library books
- return borrowed items
- drain your mower of fuel
- dismantle outside antenna
- dismantle swings, trampolines, etc.
- check to see if your washing machine etc. needs bolting down, contact the manufacturer
- defrost your freezer the day prior to moving – a few drops of vanilla will make sure it smells fresh
- dispose of inflammables such as paints, turps etc. as removalists are not permitted to carry these items or store them
- if you are packing yourself, arrange to have the cartons delivered in plenty of time
- post office
- bank, building society, etc.
- credit card companies
- motor registration branch
- electoral roll
Make sure you hire interstate removalists that make your move as easy as possible so you can enjoy the excitement and anticipation of relocating your home or office to a new area.